A Brief Introduction to this Page's Purpose

Not Another Dime! is dedicated to documenting the assorted, and sometimes wild, details of Mr. Ken Whitman's business dealings within the Role Playing Game (RPG) industry. This place is NOT intended to be a medium of discussion about Mr. Whitman, pro or con, but instead be a "jumping off" point to enable the reader to make their own informed decision about Mr. Whitman's history and business character. (Editor's Note: After years of this documentation, we simply cannot be anything BUT "con" when it comes to Mr. Whitman)

Whenever possible, links to the original source material will be provided, but in many cases that information may have been deleted or secured behind restricted-access (like a private Facebook page) accounts.

Anything posted here is the opinion of the retrospective author and any content shown is to be considered "fair use" and posted for educational purposes only.

Note to authors: Please begin each post with the original date of the event being documented in the format of YYYY.MM.DD (i.e. If the event being recorded happened on March 15th, 2015 and today's date was August 8th, 2018 the beginning of the post's title would be 2015.03.15 and not 2018.08.08) so readers can use the Chronology page to find specific information. Please use appropriate tags when possible for the same reason.

Note to contributors: If you have some valid data to send, screenshots, links to other Ken Whitman stories, etc., please feel free to send a gmail to notanotherdimeblog. We'll look into it and post if appropriate.

Friday, May 19, 2017

2017.05.19 Ken "Whit" Whitman Drawing From an Old Well to Set-Up Kicking the KoDT:LAS Can Down the Road to 2018

2017.05.19 Ken "Whit" Whitman Drawing From an Old Well to Set-Up Kicking the KoDT:LAS Can Down the Road to 2018
Today we received word of a group private message from our main-man Ken "Whit" Whitman. It's already been reported at Tenkar's Tavern, so this is more of a documentation post than anything.

Before we get to the details we need to get something out on the table because inevitably somebody is going to accuse Not Another Dime (For Ken Whitman) of being run by cold, careless bastards. First off, some of us are, but that has nothing to do with this blog, much less this post. Multiple sources have told us that this "announcement" angle has been used before, most notably when Ken "Whit" Whitman popped back up in the RPG industry circa 2013. Back then all of his previous years of bad behavior was being attributed to ADD and that medication was "fixing him".

The thing about Ken "Whit" Whitman going this route is not only that he's done it before, but this tack requires the recipients to have some measure of "good faith" to rely on and well.....Ken "Whit" Whitman has done a great job of destroying any good faith or good will to be had.

The wikipedia link is ours....

"Hey I have a little bit of bad news about me.

I am going in on May 31 to find out if I have CTE.   I may be in stage 2, I am starting to forget things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwVY8ShWP8k

Well, They are finding out - just recently- that Lithium is really helping and even reversing some of it.   So, even if it is, if the Lithium can reverse some of the damage that would be great! : -)

I know I act distant sometimes, But that's because I remember things. 

I cover up my memory loss with arrogance and meanness.  

And im tired of hiding it.  So...

I have probably had stage one since my college days, But I can tell its getting worst.

Anyway, only telling a few people.  I will keep you informed because you guys are my KODT family.

I have reached out to a few people to help me get organized and get this project done.  Still gonna happen soon! 

PS - if you need things from me, please text often and remind me.  I am not ignoring you, I need to write it down on my list.  Hopefully I will have someone managing me soon."

Basically...we're not buying this one bit. Aside from the basic premise being a repeat, we find it interesting that this comes just about two months out from the deadline Ken "Whit' Whitman set when he kicked the KoDT:LAS can down the road last time. For someone who has, quite deliberately, shut out KoDT:LAS supporters and KenzerCo folks for nearly a year (the last KoDT:LAS project update was August 31, 2016), trying to garner sympathy with "you guys are my KODT family".....it doesn't add up.

Let us not forget that as of right now Ken "Whit" Whitman does not....DOES NOT have Chronic traumatic encephalopathy. All he has is an appointment to find out. No initial prognosis is listed here, just a bit of background foundation work for the inevitable excuse of why KoDT:LAS isn't being fulfilled.

Jolly Blackburn (KoDT:LAS Kickstarter Comment)
From Jolly Blackburn (KoDT:LAS Kickstarter Comment): "Well got a group PM from Ken today. First communication from him in 6 months. Looks like he's laying the ground work (as in excuses) for why he won't make the August deadline. Course that's me reading between the lines. Then again I was expecting zip from him in August anyway."

Exactly what we thought......

2 comments :

  1. "if you need things from me, please text often and remind me. I am not ignoring you"

    Every time I email him and remind me that he promised me my $125 almost two years ago, he threatens and insults me.

    I never thought memory loss would cause that behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When August comes and goes, time for a MASSIVE class-action multi-community lawsuit.

    ReplyDelete

The comments on this blog are heavily moderated as this location is simply a one-stop-shop for finding pertinent information otherwise scattered across the internet. If you need to comment on a particular post, please try to do it where the information originated.